Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7 Pi Boxplot
7 Pi Boxplot [message #34390] Tue, 11 December 2001 18:36 Go to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi Wayne,

for use of a 2226 as a sub Only, in a 7Pi, I like the looks of a 5 up to a 6 cu' box in Boxplot. It is showing the least drop in response down to 20hz if the ported box is tuned to about 23hz. this is some what lower than a standard tuning of 30 or 40hz. are there disadvantages to a box tuning of 23hz i'm not seeing?

Also in a 7Pi corner horn. if I were to build just the chamber box, and position it exactly facing a corner, maybe even with a top on it. would this be equal to a whole cornerhorn? with out the extra piece on the top it could be a regular base reflex cabinet with more versatility?

thanks,

Bill

Alternate tuning for the JBL 2226 [message #34391 is a reply to message #34390] Tue, 11 December 2001 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The 2226 works well in boxes from 2 - 5 cubic feet tuned to 35Hz - 40Hz. You can make an EBS alignment from a larger box tuned a little lower. All of those are valid alignments and work pretty well in different conditions.

Corner loading has a specific requirement for best response. The alignment should create a conjugate of room response. What you want is a smooth rolloff, not a flat line with steep cutoff. The alignment used in the seven π provides the right curve for corner loading.

Re: Alternate tuning for the JBL 2226 [message #34400 is a reply to message #34391] Wed, 12 December 2001 18:14 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
As I remember a max flat alignment is best outdoors or in large open spaces but when used indoors in corners room lift makes a max flat alignment turn into a peak instead of being flat.
Previous Topic: Eminence Delta 15 same as Delta 15A?
Next Topic: Got All My Parts... Premium Stage Four Pi's Almost a Reality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 13:58:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout