Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Imaging & Pi's
Imaging & Pi's [message #34097] Fri, 26 October 2001 20:13 Go to next message
Fiddler is currently offline  Fiddler
Esquire
All of the horns I have ever heard suffered from less than stellar imaging. I currently have Newform 645's and the imaging has to be heard to be believed. One literally cannot locate the speakers with your ears.

I would like to build some high efficiency speakers at some point to try SET's. But I don't want to sacrifice imaging.

How is imaging with the Pi's?

Thanks

Re: Imaging & Pi's [message #34098 is a reply to message #34097] Fri, 26 October 2001 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Here's a thread you might be interested in:
Re: Imaging & Pi's [message #34102 is a reply to message #34097] Sun, 28 October 2001 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frode is currently offline  Frode
Baron
I haven't heard the Newform, but I've had Sonus Faber Concerto and Vandersteen 2Ce, which both have good imaging. I tried a tube amp with the Concerto's, but it didn't have enough power. So I decided to build a hi-eff speaker. There are many nice designs out there. I finally chose the Four Pi with JBL 2226H and Eminence MD2001 on a H290 horn. I didn't have high expectations to the sound, so I've only built a particle board test box. But the sound turned out to be a nice suprise. It is possible to make the Four Pi "disappear" just as good as my other speakers. The only problem for me is that I have some furniture between me and the speakers. I think they would perform even better if the obstacles were removed. To solve this, I'm going to put the drivers higher when I build new boxes.

I recommend that you try a set of Pi speakers. They sound really good.

Regards
Frode

Re: Imaging & Pi's [message #34269 is a reply to message #34097] Tue, 27 November 2001 13:55 Go to previous message
MikeCh is currently offline  MikeCh
Esquire
>One literally cannot locate the speakers with your ears.

Same can be said for the Bose family of speakers. Not necessarily a good trait, but impressive to some neophytes nonetheless.

Previous Topic: Paralleling capacitors
Next Topic: Plans for Theater Pi 7 + 2 Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 13:49:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout