Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne???
Wayne??? [message #34202] Sat, 17 November 2001 23:34 Go to next message
Andy G is currently offline  Andy G
Viscount
weird behaviour from pi-align, or maybe its just a DOS thing !!!

as promised, i had another go at pi-align on my beloved old Mac running VPC.

it kept giving messages like "program attempted an illegal command" or something like that, then "general protection error, restart computer" which I did a few times, (well VPC anyway)

just about giving up, I opened one of the pid files in notepad to see if it had the require box info, which it didn't, just the spec info.

I then ran pi-align for a last time, and lo and behold,

IT WORKED !!!!!

gotta love dos, hey !!!

ps: please don't try to explain what happened, i don't think I want to know ;-))

Another question re pi-align boxes [message #34203 is a reply to message #34202] Sat, 17 November 2001 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Wayne, are the box dimensions important or just the final volume? I want to do a wedge style fold-back with the beta 12 to match the gamma 12 pi-align box.

TIA AG

ps, couple of bands are hiring the gamma pi boxes and LOVE them.

also, there is a simple variable piezo x-o diagram on my web page with a table of cap values if anyone is interested.

Re: Another question re pi-align boxes [message #34204 is a reply to message #34203] Sun, 18 November 2001 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
As long as you don't make one or two dimensions disproportionately long, volume is all that matters. We don't want standing wave nodes in the bass range, that's all.
Re: Another question re pi-align boxes [message #34212 is a reply to message #34204] Sun, 18 November 2001 12:24 Go to previous message
Viscount
Thanks!! I'll post the whole project when finished for those interested.
Diagrams etc

Previous Topic: Eminence 15 and 2002 crossover
Next Topic: L pad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 17:24:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers