Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Wayne: Cabinet Proportions and Sizes
Question for Wayne: Cabinet Proportions and Sizes [message #34178] Fri, 16 November 2001 09:33 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Wayne, I am very interested in your loudspeakers as I have heard only good things about them. However I have the probably oft repeated problem of having to fit the speakers into a smallish listening room doubling as a family (read that "wife's") room: 14.5'x17.5'x7.5'. I don't think bass propogation is a problem but I am looking for the dynamics that I hear your designs excell at. I am thinking the Stage 4 Pi's are about the right size as far as footprint goes but does the 26" height get the soundstage up high enough? How about stands?
Secondly, how critical is cabinet proportions to the sonics of the Pi alignment? Can the Theater 4Pi's be made narrower, deeper and taller without losing the sonic integrity of your design?
Lastly, are your speakers built on a custom made basis in conjunction with a customers specific needs? As far as DIY, what support do you like to provide to those who are trying to execute your designs themselves? Can you provide parts and plans less cabinets? And how about turn around time?
Thanks!

Garland

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: the worst speakers ever!! jbl 4655
Next Topic: 3 Way Seven Pi crossover, with JBL CS3115 Parts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 06:50:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio