Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » voigt pipes vs corner horns
voigt pipes vs corner horns [message #34151] Sat, 10 November 2001 01:18 Go to next message
sc00byd0 is currently offline  sc00byd0
Esquire
hi.im new around here,and im mainly into 1/4wave (voigt pipes with 60% end constricions) pipes for cheap sub thrills, but have just figured out that the Pi exists.

So, is it a vented enclosure with corner room loading, or what? In an old speaker book, theres a corner horn, with a slot going the entire height of it about 1inch wide. a very simple triangle box.

Pi seems pretty good, loud and pure sound.

I have a 1/4wave reducing airpath with 12inch on end, (driver Fs=45,Q=0.15!(measured Q!),vas=6cu ft) SO it gives quiet bass. almost non-resonant, with wool (t-line) its the quietest sub youve ever heard (and smoothest) for 10$ of wood.

When i have the space,i think i want a Pi.

Re: voigt pipes vs corner horns [message #34152 is a reply to message #34151] Sat, 10 November 2001 09:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, in a nutshell, that's exactly what it is. The bass bin alignment is overdamped for response that is a conjugate of room gain. The DI of a trihedral corner is 9dB, so with this gain, its simplicity is hard to beat.
Previous Topic: jbl 4655 at tent sale
Next Topic: Pictures of DIY Theatre 4 Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 31 21:44:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout