Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hey Mr DJ, put a record on...MUSIC
Hey Mr DJ, put a record on...MUSIC [message #33810] Thu, 06 September 2001 11:56 Go to next message
Harald is currently offline  Harald
Esquire
Hello everybody,

I would like to know, what kind of music owners of Pi speakers like most. Are they those blues and jazz addicts or do they also like electronic music?

My favourites among others are Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Psyche, Skinny Puppy, Kraftwerk, Mentallo & The Fixer. Of course, at the very beginning it all started with Depeche Mode.

Thanks for tons of input.

Harald

Re: Hey Mr DJ, put a record on...MUSIC [message #33811 is a reply to message #33810] Thu, 06 September 2001 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
how about some kruder & dorfmeister, moby, newer madonna mixed in with some miles davis and lucky dube. eveything sounds good on pi's.
Re: Hey Mr DJ, put a record on...MUSIC [message #33813 is a reply to message #33810] Thu, 06 September 2001 16:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I have a bunch of Kraftwerk albums. Found 'em interesting when I was a teenager.

When I was very young, I played piano. And those early lessons were filled with Classical pieces. So this gave me a predisposition towards Classical, in particular are the "rowdy" composers like Beethoven and Tchaikovsky.

In my late teens and early twenties, when I was first building speakers, I listened to a lot of Yes, Pink Floyd and Genesis. I also like Peter Gabriel, Gentle Giant and the Moody Blues. Those show my Classical roots, and I've liked these guys since way back when.

I've also gotten to like some of the Big Band sound. I think it was old WWII movies and that kind of nastalgia that made me enjoy this kind of music. Maybe it is because it sort of goes with horns, I don't know. But Glenn Miller is really great for certain moods, and I love New Years dances with a Big Band theme.

And then there's "5:00pm traffic music" like Tool, Limp Bizkit, Nine Inch Nails and the like. Kraftwork could sort of fit into this in a sideways sort of way, bit I haven't really listened to them since "Radioactivity" was put to vinyl, about 25 years ago.

So those are the sort of things that are running around inside my amplifiers here. So that's my lineup of tunes. Who's next?

Previous Topic: Found cheap source for PSD2002
Next Topic: speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 05:51:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout