Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, why did you choose Pi as your company name?
Wayne, why did you choose Pi as your company name? [message #33636] Sun, 05 August 2001 12:55 Go to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
Hello Wayne,
I have been searching the net for pictures of Pis to put on my new Four Pi webpage and I ran into some pretty interesting sites, it made me wonder why you choose Pi as your speaker company's name?

Also do you have any other Pi logos I can put on my webpage?..If so please e-mail them to me.
Thanks
James

Pi Speakers [message #33641 is a reply to message #33636] Sun, 05 August 2001 15:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, it's interesting to do a search for "Pi" on the internet. You'll find everything from fractals to frat houses.

I chose the name because every formula that concerns itself with rotational velocity uses Pi, so practically every fomula required to design a loudspeaker uses it too. From the angular coverage to reactive formulas, Pi is everywhere.

And there's one other third thing. The Cyrillic and Greek alphabets have the character - π - which is first letter of my last name when spelled with that character set.

By the way, the logo used today has remained exactly the same since 1977. I used to hand paint them with a stencil, and I still have the original stencils. A few were made with sterling silver poured into a mold, with three risers being used for mounting legs. But for several years, I've used the vinyl decal instead.

Previous Topic: Values critical for Theater 7/4 Pi crossover?
Next Topic: how many watts would 2 eminence12" woofers make?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 19:05:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio