Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Studio One Pi's or Two Pi's?
Studio One Pi's or Two Pi's? [message #33613] Sun, 29 July 2001 21:47 Go to previous message
BobCat is currently offline  BobCat
Chancellor
Hi Wayne!

I absolutely LOVE this forum, and I really appreciate all the effort you go to, in order to provide us with a solid foundation of knowledge.

My Pyle W820's turned out to have rotten foam, and I have decided they are not worth the effort or expense of replacing the surrounds. I have had a similar experience with Dynaudio woofers, so I am SERIOUSLY turned off of foam surrounds!

Another peeve: cheap vinyl applique on speaker boxes...UGH!

Now I am toying with the idea of building either a pair of One Pi's or Two Pi's. Can I obtain the plans for each from you?

I would probably be better off just buying them already prebuilt by you, and I may go that route afterall. With the "factory" models, do you provide grills of any sort? Are the drivers just screwed to the speaker baffle, or is there a bolt-thru option? Is there any other plastic laminate other than black available? I move fairly what often, and prefer the laminate protection over the wood veneer that will likely become scratched and unsightly (but I like the "wood" appearance).

Also, I really need as small a box as possible, but the specs show the Eminence 10" goes 20 hz lower than the 8", and I am afraid I may miss the bass extension if I settle for the 8". But, does the 8" have superior transient response? I have a very limited budget, but I don't want to replace whatever I get for a long while.

Thanks,
BobCat

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Flares for PSD2002 in Theater Four Pi.
Next Topic: Yet more 4 Pi questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 03:15:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout