Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Art Bell and Tool
Art Bell and Tool [message #33376] Thu, 24 May 2001 03:24 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm listening to Art Bell just now - in the "wee hours." He's talking about the rock band, Tool. I'm sure some of you have already picked up their new CD; I've been waiting for it forever and expected to be in the stores Tuesday. But like a stinkfist, I have been too busy to pick my copy up yet.

I've also listened to Art Bell on the AM band for years, since back in the early nineties. Kind of stopped listening when the crazies made him feel the need to take a break. But now that he's back, so am I.

There is a certain symmetry; A similarity between the interests of a person that would be attracted to the Art Bell show and the interests of a person who would listen to Tool. So I'm not sure I should be surprised. But I am, because the kind of guy who listens to Tool is not usually the same kind of guy who listens to AM talk radio. Then again, I'm one of them.

So anyway, I was startled to find out that, on their new CD, Tool has used the program that contained the area 51 caller on Art's show. Now that I think about it, it's perfectly suited for them.

Hidden Track 13 [message #33377 is a reply to message #33376] Fri, 25 May 2001 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Found it -

It's the hidden track. Number 13.

For those of you that know Tool, this should come as no surprise. For the rest of you - if you like Art Bell's show - let the CD play for 2 minutes "past the end" and you'll hear the "Area 51" caller.

Re: Hidden Track 13 [message #33379 is a reply to message #33377] Fri, 25 May 2001 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
OK, I give... what kind of band is Tool?
Re: Hidden Track 13 [message #33380 is a reply to message #33379] Fri, 25 May 2001 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
str8aro is currently offline  str8aro
Chancellor
I would call it alternative rock or hard rock. The front man Maynard James Keenan also has another band, A Perfect Circle... Cool stuff there too.

John

AM radio and Tool [message #33382 is a reply to message #33376] Sat, 26 May 2001 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Wayne,

Interesting....I thought I was the only looney type to mix such strange combinations of sound. I literally cut my teeth on AM radio. I've always loved to listen in on what was happening around the country. It intrigued me as a kid to be listening to radio stations in New York, Fort Worth, Texas, Denver, Cincinnati and all points in between. I still like to tune in once in a while, but don't get to much anymore. It's quite a contrast to Tool which itself is quite a contrast to some of my other musical tastes. They say variety is the spice of life! Jerrod

Tool [message #33395 is a reply to message #33380] Sun, 27 May 2001 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I like all kinds of music. Classical, art rock, jazz, big band, heavy metal. Tool is hard rock, some of it downright angry. But it has tight rifts and an energy that's intoxicating.
"They" are among us! Track 13 ... [message #33399 is a reply to message #33395] Mon, 28 May 2001 09:25 Go to previous message
AudioLapDance is currently offline  AudioLapDance
Baron

TRANSCRIPT:

The following is a verbatim transcript from last night's Art Bell Show at approximately 1:45 A.M. Friday Sept. 12, 1997:

Art: On my Area 51 line, you're on the air, hello.

Male caller: Hello, Art?

Art: Yes

Caller [sounds frightened]: I don't have a whole lot of time.

Art: Well, look, let's begin by finding out if you're using this line
properly or not.

Caller: OK, in Area 51?

Art: Yes. Are you an employee or are you now?

Caller: I'm a former employee. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... [chokes] I kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.

Art: So you can't spend a lot of time on the phone, so give us something quick.

Caller [voice breaking up with apparent suppressed crying]: OK, um, um, OK, what we're thinking of as aliens, Art, they're extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. They've infiltrated a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.

The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the
government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now, Art.

Art: So they're not doing, not doing anything.

Caller: They are not. They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable...."

Art [fragment]: ...discharged...

Caller [sobbing, then fragment]: I say we g ....

[Dead air for 25 seconds, followed by theme song and repeat of Mark Fuhrman interview talking about marijuana busts]

[2:29:43 elapsed time] Art: We are now on a backup system....The entire transmitting system went down...

Art's radio network engineer later reported that the network's
communication satellite lost 50 channels (including Art's feed) at that moment, possibly due to a "lost earth sensor" (so it no longer pointed to the earth station).

Art reported that the telephone conversation continued off the air for
about a minute, when the caller "screamed" and "screeched" and the
telephone connection went dead. Art also reported that his Web site
registered 5 million hits just after the outage.

Later, a Tucson caller who he said worked for Hughes (which Art said
supplies microwave systems to Area 51) reported that his computer memory and electronic watch were zapped at the same time that the broadcast went dead, and suggested both events may have been caused by a cloud-reflected EMP (electromagnetic pulse, which are created by nuclear explosions or by special EMP generator).

A caller claiming he was with Area 51 security said: "[We're] Professional cleaners, you know they dig a lot of holes in the desert...I use a lot of acid....We worked with satellite operations in the Gulf War when we cut down certain transmissions...." He predicted the caller would not be calling in again.

Previous Topic: Horns, waveguides, and acoustic filter chambers
Next Topic: Truck bed liner for pro audio spkr covering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 08:27:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout