Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi implementations of quartz piezoelectric tweeters
Pi implementations of quartz piezoelectric tweeters [message #33362] Thu, 17 May 2001 03:27 Go to previous message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
My implementations of the KSN 1038 and compatible quartz tweeters are described in a handful of threads, namely "Variable x-o for motorola KSN1142", "Are all screw-on piezo horn drivers similar?" and "Piezo's." These are all dialog threads - and not just single posts - so one might want to "wade through" entire threads to gain all of what's there. Lots of questions were posted concerning their performance, impedance, suitable crossovers and electronic filter techniques - all of which were discussed in some detail.

The KSN 1038 tweeter acts like a 0.1uF capacitance in series with a 10 ohm resistance, and production runs do not vary from these figures by any significant amount. I try to emphasize this fact, because I find many who do not accurately describe the device. The tweeter will be attenuated 3dB by use of a 0.33uF capacitor in series.

There is quite a bit of information on the 1038/1041/1056 family of components available on this forum. You will find Motorola's original specification sheet and all the formula and methodology required to successfully implement these drivers in a suitable loudspeaker system.

There is no "guesswork," because we're working directly from the specification sheets. So I felt it might be helpful to redirect some of the readers of our recent piezo threads, to those earlier and perhaps overlooked. And thanks to Paul C for sharing experience with the larger piezo devices.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Piezos / 2 way designs
Next Topic: jbl prices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 17:41:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects