Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » wayne, you da man!!!!!
wayne, you da man!!!!! [message #33247] Fri, 27 April 2001 10:38 Go to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
my search for the ultimate speaker to use with my decware zen se84c set tube amp is over. 6 weeks ago i took the plunge and decided to build the pi 7 corner horns. after numerous phone calls, e-mails and delays i finished the speakers at 1:oo am last night.

this was my first venture into d.i.y audio. thanks to my stockbroker buddy who helped me last night (he loves fibreglass pink insulation, i think i'm even with him for his hot tips). i have zero patience and was scared to hook them up, i would have sledge hammered them if they disappointed me, alas they are in one piece this morning.

what can i say, wide open soundstage, huge presence, full room filling bass, snap, and the most incredible dynamics i have ever heard in a speaker. these speakers just fill the entire room with a lush live sound, i swore dwight yoakam was playing in front of me!!!

i'm keeping these babies and honestly wayne these speakers are hard to beat at any price. superior to klipschorns, electrostatic in detail but with the dynamics which are so lacking in almost every other speaker. my buddy was in the other room when i first turned them on and he knew right away that these speakers are phenomenal. after 1/2 an hour of listening he confessed "george these are better than the lowther medallions and smoke the wilson watt puppies" . enough said, wayne , thank you very much.

p.s. the listening was done with an onkyo dvd connected to my msb d-a convertor (132/24 khz upsampler installed) using a cardas lightning digital cable. the speakers are wired with standard 161 strand 12 awg, but i used cambridge audio linea 4.2 wire from amp to speakers.

Seven Pi's on Decware Zen se84c amp [message #33250 is a reply to message #33247] Fri, 27 April 2001 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good to hear they're working out for you George! The Zen/Pi combination is certainly getting a lot of attention lately. Happy to know it sounds good!
Re: Seven Pi's on Decware Zen se84c amp [message #33251 is a reply to message #33250] Fri, 27 April 2001 14:38 Go to previous message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
definitely a winning combination! thanks again wayne you rock!
Previous Topic: wrong adapters
Next Topic: piAlign software and figuring Zmax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 08:14:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout