Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My Pi sevens using Selenium parts
My Pi sevens using Selenium parts [message #33114] Fri, 30 March 2001 20:48 Go to next message
Brian Jefferys is currently offline  Brian Jefferys
Chancellor
Here is my Pi seven's with one coat of stain on them. They still need another coat of stain and poly. I am going to wait until it gets warmer to poly them outside. I don't think the family will like the smell.

I used red oak ply and Selenium drivers. Notice the L-Pad on the lower left hand corner.

I could not have done this without the help of Wayne. Thanks Wayne.

Brian Jefferys

Re: My Pi sevens using Selenium parts [message #33115 is a reply to message #33114] Fri, 30 March 2001 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jsalve is currently offline  jsalve
Chancellor
Hi Brian,

That's a nice looking cornerhorn, I like the color. I bought some red Mahogany stain and I find it too dark. I am going for something like what you have. I don't know if I can make birch look like that, though.

What do you think about the Pi cornerhorns? I bet it sounds awesome.

I just received my woofer yesterday and installed it in the cornerhorns running fullrange (still waiting for my active XO)and I'd have to say I am impressed. Startling dynamics and the upper frequency extension is pretty high for a 15 incher. I'll have more to say later when I have these setup properly.

I'll second your comment about Wayne, Extremely helpful. You da man Wayne!!!

Regards,
Jeff

Re: My Pi sevens using Selenium parts [message #33116 is a reply to message #33114] Sat, 31 March 2001 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting the picture. Looks good. Look forward to a full review! Jerrod

Re: My Pi sevens using Selenium parts...more pictures [message #33145 is a reply to message #33114] Thu, 05 April 2001 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I still have not finished the "finish" of the cabinets. It is getting warmer, so , I expect to have them completed in 2 weeks. Including the custom cut glass to protect the top as I did with my dinning room table.

I did, however, found out how much my neighbor likes my new PI7's. He heard them in HIS shower. He came over to take a look (not to complain). His comments were, "I have never heard anything as close to live sound as these speakers". I know he is right as we both play guitar.

Brian

Re: My Pi sevens using Selenium parts...even more pics [message #33146 is a reply to message #33114] Thu, 05 April 2001 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Here is another pic. Still not finished.

Brian

Neighbors love 'em, huh?!! [message #33153 is a reply to message #33145] Fri, 06 April 2001 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
Nice work! Thanks for posting the photos!
Re: My Pi sevens using Selenium parts [message #33157 is a reply to message #33115] Fri, 06 April 2001 19:55 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Jeff,

You wrote:

"That's a nice looking cornerhorn, I like the color. I bought some red Mahogany stain and I find it too dark. I am going for something like what you have. I don't know if I can make birch look like that, though."

I used red oak with Minwax "Red Oak" color stain. They are still a little light for my taste. They only have one coat of stain on them. One more should do the job.

You wrote:

"What do you think about the Pi cornerhorns? I bet it sounds awesome."

I have heard many different speakers over the years. From ESL to planar to horns. They are the best sounding speaker I have heard yet. And with a cost of roughly $600.00 total, including paying a cabinet maker, you can't go wrong. Not to mention you get exactly the "look" you want.

You wrote:

"I'll second your comment about Wayne, Extremely helpful. You da man Wayne!!!"

Again, AMEN.

Brian

Previous Topic: Chesky/Martin Logans
Next Topic: Jsalve is Pi ready yet? You were close so...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 11:08:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio