Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hi...some questions...
Hi...some questions... [message #33090] Tue, 27 March 2001 08:13 Go to next message
Jack Gilvey is currently offline  Jack Gilvey
Esquire
I've already corresponded with Wayne and, as I'm sure you guys know, he's extraordinarly gracious and helpful with answers, plans, etc. I figured I'd direct any further questions to the board because it would be easier for Wayne, and the answers might help someone else, in addition to getting help from those far more knowledgable than I.

A general question: The product line has a few "levels", but the models within each general alignment catagory seem similar, so I'm assuming the difference is quality of drivers? Which drivers are used in the least expensive 7 pi?

I want to build one of the models, and the 7 Pi corner horn looks interesting. Since I can't really get flush with my corners (3" out in one case) due to a windowsil and baseboard molding, is it possible to construct the corner horns without the triangular back plate, as long as the exact spacing to the back corner is maintained? My corner would, in effect, be the back plate.

Thanks, I'll have a lot more questions...

Re: Hi...some questions... [message #33093 is a reply to message #33090] Tue, 27 March 2001 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
The different series are essentially different quality levels. The design philosophies are the same between them.

As for the cornerhorn particulars, the rear panels are essentially a positioning device. You can modify them slightly or even remove the panels altogether as long as the position remains the same and the top and bottom sections are properly braced.

Thanks [message #33094 is a reply to message #33093] Tue, 27 March 2001 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Gilvey is currently offline  Jack Gilvey
Esquire
I had actually pictured doing away with the back plate and the triangular extensions on the back panel, so it would just be a tall, rectagular box. Mounting to the studs sounds like fun, though, once I get the positioning perfect...my wife would love it! Help maintain postion and rigidity.

Judging by the cost of components, I see myself going with something from the Theater or Stage series, not the Pro, though.

Thanks,again

Re: Thanks [message #33095 is a reply to message #33094] Tue, 27 March 2001 10:27 Go to previous message
Wayne_Parham is currently offline  Wayne_Parham
Master
Let me know what you decide, and I'll send you the plans.
Previous Topic: Eminence solves the "mystery parameters" issue - Second letter
Next Topic: Doghouse Pictures....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 02:51:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout