Home » Audio » General » Intersting Phenomena
Intersting Phenomena [message #3155] Fri, 26 May 2006 19:54 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I am noticing more and more the encroachment of the high end into DIY territory. Funny because the whole DIY thing started as a backlash to the high end shenanigans. Pomposity/insane pricing/out of touch with the mainstream, no dedication to the sound or the music; just the fetishistic worship of mega-price totems.R emmember when no one could enter any audio salons without bowing on one knee to the audio god installed within. The lost circulation of the magazines.
Now I see what appears to be a sudden interest on the net with a new paradigm resembling the old High End aristocracy of pontification and pomposity. Soon there will be a fat guy sitting on a throne offering edicts determining who is worthy of the best lists. The wheel turns.
In the end after the disenchantment sets in again the humble DIY'ers and Vintage guys will rise like the pheonix to re-take the audio arena, but until then I guess we must suffer the resergence of the "High End".

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: WSOTT meeting
Next Topic: CD's you heard at GPAF you have to get.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 28 23:36:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio