Home » Audio » General » Colin Hester, did you come up with an DIY interconnect?
Colin Hester, did you come up with an DIY interconnect? [message #3149] Thu, 25 May 2006 20:58 Go to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi, I know I would be interested in your findings?
Norris Wilson

Re: Colin Hester, did you come up with an DIY interconnect? [message #3150 is a reply to message #3149] Thu, 25 May 2006 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I heading up to see Bill Epstein this weekend and discuss DIY cables. Oh yeah, and listen to his $50,000/pair speakers, $8,000 amp and $3,000 CDP, all of which he is currently "evaluating" for Dagogo.

I'm going with some undetermined RCA plug from VT4C, but have not decided on the cableing (i.e., shielded, single wire, different braided geometries.) If it is not too costly, it would be a lot of fun to make several sets and pass them around to see what others think......Colin

Re: Colin Hester, did you come up with an DIY interconnect? [message #3151 is a reply to message #3150] Fri, 26 May 2006 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Colin,

That sounds like a great plan. Please keep us updated about the cable findings, as well as the listening session at Bill's place?

It looks as if you have a fun weekend ahead.

Thanks

Norris

Re: Colin Hester, did you come up with an DIY interconnect? [message #3154 is a reply to message #3150] Fri, 26 May 2006 16:07 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'll have the Cardas/ Colin Hester Foundation RCA specials as phono IC's tomorrow.
The Blue Jeans 1505 lets someone's radio play. Hoping the shielding is better on the Cardas co-ax.
Blue Jeans says the other Beldin wire has better RFI rejection than the 1505 so there should be a cure w/o going back to the 20 year old Straightwire's which sound good but image terrible.

Previous Topic: New Audio Website
Next Topic: Workbench and storage conditions.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 05:49:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio