Home » Audio » Group Build » E-Linear S-265 delivery
E-Linear S-265 delivery [message #31423] Tue, 15 November 2005 16:49 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I forgot to include the hunting season, and vacation surrounding this season when I predicted the delivery of the Merlin E-Linear S-265's. It won't be long, and for those interested in the PP grid chokes, I am going to set the PN, and perhaps gather another group buy.

I just got into another project. Scored a Citation II from ebay and want to see how the Freed Iron really performs. It is a bit more useful at 3k8 a-a than the Peerless 16431 used in the W6 HeathKit. 3k3 a-a is a bit low unless you're headed for grid current( as the W6 did ).
cheers,
Douglas

Re: E-Linear S-265 delivery [message #31428 is a reply to message #31423] Wed, 16 November 2005 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2wo is currently offline  2wo
Baron
Hi Douglas,
I am interested in the chokes. Keep me in mind if you will.

Thanks...John

PS I saw your frapper photo, didn't your mom tell you "never use a valve bigger then your head"

Re: E-Linear S-265 delivery [message #31430 is a reply to message #31428] Wed, 16 November 2005 18:54 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I will keep you in mind for sure. When ready, I will make announcement here.

Mom never said any such thing.

My friend Paul Ruby took that shot. It turned out quite well. Me and the GU80. That is a 450 Watt plate, true pentode with a thoriated tungsten cathode taking 12V at 12A. I think I will do ultra-sonic heaters. There is a chap in Ann Arbor that has some experience with those supplies and he'd help( and try to keep me from killing myself with a 1kV/1A power supply ).
cheers,
Douglas

Previous Topic: can you live w/o gain?
Next Topic: 300B Project - Part 5 : cascode driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 12:30:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers