Home » Audio » General » DIY RCA interconnects
DIY RCA interconnects [message #3121] Fri, 19 May 2006 07:54 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Anyone here ever make their own? What's a good signal cable? Thinking of terminating with something from VT4C. One could easily build a pair of cables for less than $20........Colin

Re: DIY RCA interconnects [message #3122 is a reply to message #3121] Fri, 19 May 2006 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I almost always make my own. For short runs, a coax cable works well. For longer ones, a twisted pair or interleaved quad would be better. If you run a balanced signal, that's definitely the way to go.

Re: DIY RCA interconnects [message #3123 is a reply to message #3121] Fri, 19 May 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Guitarman has some interesting continuous cast copper from Vampire that looks good.
Check it out!
Norris Wilson

Re: DIY RCA interconnects [message #3125 is a reply to message #3122] Fri, 19 May 2006 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I just made a pair of IC's from 6' of Cardas co-ax that Percy clearanced for 5 bucks. I suspect it's Belden 89259 which would be a good thing.
The RCA's are Yarbo's Colin got for me at a great price:) I'm trying them right now as Phono leads. Not really payimg attention yet.
You should look at Blue Jeans Cable. They have Belden 1505 terminated with canare 75 ohm. I paid $42 delivered for a 15 foot pair.
You can't make'm that well yourself for that price.
And they do no harm.

Re: DIY RCA interconnects [message #3130 is a reply to message #3125] Mon, 22 May 2006 14:00 Go to previous message
Shane Martin is currently offline  Shane Martin
Esquire
I can't nail 2 boards together so I go the premade route thru Blue Jeans or I buy them from Ixos thru ac4l.com.

I envy those that can DIY stuff. I'd love to DIY a subwoofer system but I don't have the skills.

Previous Topic: Lone Star Bottleheads Pictures
Next Topic: New DIY modded FM tuner reviews on TIC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 16:29:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout