Home » Audio » Craftsmen » What's the deal with Baltic Birch plywood?
Please don't be insulted by this... [message #29214 is a reply to message #29212] Wed, 18 August 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
but I really think that's highly unlikely, if only for the reason that the size doesn't correspond to standard for the product. It's invariably 60" X 60" (or whatever the metric equivalent is). Cutting 2 X 4 panels from 5 X 5 panels just isn't practical. Also, 11 plies isn't consistent with the 13 ply srandard, the only way I've ever seen it. I just went and looked at a piece of 1/2" Baltic Birch to see if I was remembering incorrectly - it has 9 plies, which sort of confirms my memory of 13 plies for 3/4".

The price ($80 Cdn per sheet,for partial sheets) is equivalent to about $61 USD per sheet, $15 USD per quarter sheet. That's roughly what they charge for their "cabinet grade" birch veneer plywood here.

3/4" - 18 or 19 mm Baltic birch here is also around $60 per sheet. But that's $60 for 25 Sq Ft, vs 32 Sq Ft for "ordinary" plywood. If the comparison holds up, you ought to be paying even more than you are for Baltic Birch.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Thank you, Mr. Martinelli
Next Topic: Quick poll: what would you veneer with out of these?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 02:24:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio