Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Somebody motivate me
Re: Somebody motivate me [message #28943 is a reply to message #28941] Thu, 12 February 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
In the mid-to-late 80's I built a pair of Speakerlab SK's. These are a large folded corner horn copy of the Klipschorn, but with a cone midrange that is front-mounted. At first glance, not unlike the Audiophile seven pi.

I put on a first coat of polyurethane, but really wanted to hear what they sounded like, so I dragged them upstairs to listen to them, and they never returned to be finished.

They are not beautiful, nor are they ugly unless you look very closely at the finish - I am not all that skilled. They sit in the corners where you don't see them much.

So there they have sat for a decade and a half, with somewhat gloppy looking varnish on them. Need to be sanded and recoated or whatever.

I take little pride in their looks, but they sound very good.

So, if you do not care how they look nor do you take pride in their looks, just leave them where they are and listen to them.

But, if you give a damn how they look, don't be a turd like me, but drag your sorry-ass speakers back to the shop and finish them, you lazy sack of shit!! :)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What do you store your tools in?
Next Topic: Veneering tips for large boxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 10:40:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout