Home » Audio » Home Theater » My HDTV Experiences .....
My HDTV Experiences ..... [message #28729] Fri, 05 November 2004 14:15 Go to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Sooooooo .... got myself a big ass HDTV in September. The cable guys came and hooked up my digital cable and HD channels. I took it all apart and hooked it up correctly after they left .... couple of real idiots.

Now I got three remotes to play with!

My wife is afraid of the TV!

Only person who can figure out how to change the channel is my 12 year old son!

We are in heaven!

Just kidding, my two little girls can change the channel too.

Here is what I find interesting. First, there are very few HD channels (but more will be added everyday said the idiots who connected me). Second, half of the network shows that are in HD seem to have the sound out of sync with the video. I feel like I am watching a 60's Japanese horror movie with overdubs. The news guy's lips are moving and no sound is coming out, and sound is coming without his lips moving. I keep looking for George W Bush's hand up his butt making his mouth flap. OK, news guy maybe this is how it is supposed to be but the same thing happens with John Madden on Monday Night Football. Somethings wrong, John Madden is a standup guy. But other HD shows are OK. Regular TV is OK. DVDs are OK. Drives my wife nuts, she then drives me nuts. I keep looking for my son to change the channel but I sent him to bed an hour ago.

Have you folks noticed a similar phenominon?

Any ideas why this is happening?

Martin

My fingers are typing and the words don't appear on the HD computer screen, words are appearing on the HD computer screen and I am not typing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Need info on Centre Channel
Next Topic: Sonotube stuff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 07:26:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects