Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Cello amps
Cello amps [message #28285] Wed, 12 September 2007 14:31 Go to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
My friend is looking for an amp for their cello. What would you suggest for a good sounding amp, regardless of weight? What models are easy to transport while still providing quality sound over the full range of the cello?

Thanks.

Re: Cello amps [message #28286 is a reply to message #28285] Mon, 17 September 2007 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
For a set up like that I'd probably go with an insturment-preamp, power amp combination or use a PA head. Rather than going through say a regular guitar/bass amplifier which will color the sound.

Re: Cello amps [message #28297 is a reply to message #28286] Tue, 16 October 2007 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I agree with the idea that a guitar or bass amp would probably give you results that would differ from the traditional sound of a cello.

Although I wonder if an amp designed for acoustic guitar or maybe pedal steel would be worth a listen?

Re: Cello amps [message #28298 is a reply to message #28297] Tue, 16 October 2007 08:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Maybe just a good quality, high power, high fidelity amp would work best. Pair that with accurate speakers and you're set.

Previous Topic: I need help! A real amp challenge….
Next Topic: Tube Distortion at Low Volume?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 23:20:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio