Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Problems with DSP
Problems with DSP [message #27741] Tue, 01 November 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
ELK is currently offline  ELK
Esquire
Problems with a DSP.

I am having some issues with what seems to be a problem with a DSP processor. I have installed a DSP into a client’s board room and every morning it has to be reset. By this I mean that after the unit has been rebooted all is well.

Every morning for the last 3 weeks after install of the unit we come into the meeting room and the audio levels are spiked. What I mean by this is we have a very load noise floor and loud crackling from the 70v speakers. I check the levels on the signal meters and check all of the DSP settings and no settings have been changed.

Though now I reset the DSP processor and all audio levels go back to normal with the same DSP settings stated above. I have checked every phoenix connector, xlr input jack and every RCA connections within the room. All the cable is shielded microphone except for the 14/2 from the 70v amp feeding the 6 speakers in the room.

The whole rack is on a dedicated circuit (or what we specified that we needed was a dedicated circuit if the electrician provided is unknown at this time) with a Surgex SX2120. We even have a UPS on the system from the outlet to the Surgex.

This anomaly seems to happen every night. This is a very basic system with a third party controller for raising the line level signals to the amp only.

Does anyone have a idea of what is happening here. The engineers that made the DSP are at a loose and at this point so am I. The only thing I can rationalize at this point is that there is a bad processor within the DSP unit that over a period of hours just shuts it’s self off.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Genz Benz acoustic shenandoa 60
Next Topic: coda speakers k8 or k12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 03:05:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects