Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Amp sesitivity setting??????
Amp sesitivity setting?????? [message #27718] Fri, 13 May 2005 07:17 Go to next message
CHIP ROBERTS is currently offline  CHIP ROBERTS
Esquire
Hello , I'm new to the Driverack PA and eye gots me a kweshtun... I've read a lot of the info on here and did some search's but I can't seem to find out WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE AMP SENSITIVITY SETTING? The manual with my amps don't have that term in them (unless I somehow missed it) - help!

For my FOH I have:

JBL M-PRO 415's (2)
JBL M-PRO 418's (2)
QSC RMX 2450's (2)
DBX Driverack PA

So I hope I've given enough information to get started. And speaking of getting started , I haven't even hooked this system up yet. I've been reading the manuals and such and making sure I have all the correct cables and all.
But after all that reading , I still don't know what to do when I get to the amp sensitivity screen! Some guys have said , "Oh , just ignore it and go to custom..." , well that tells me nothing. It would be nice to understand WHY that would be (the go to "custom" thing) , if that's what I should do.
I believe I have a good grasp on the basics of this piece , but this amp sesitivity thang iz woopin' my tail! Please , help a brutha out!!!!!!

Re: Amp sesitivity setting?????? [message #27719 is a reply to message #27718] Fri, 13 May 2005 09:59 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Amp input sensitivity is the required input drive voltage to the amp to get the full rated output out of it. On the spec sheet of of your RMX 2450 the input sensitivity is 1.23 volts or +4dbu to drive it to full power into an 8 ohm load. Of course this can vary a little depending on the amp design and the load (speakers) on the amp.

I havn't set up a driverack Pa yet, but guys are probably saying go custom so you have more adjustment to the amps input sensitvitys especally if your using different size amps with different input sensitivitys and/or if the amp input sensitvity varies a little with different loads, that's the only thing I can think of.

HTH
Bill W.

Previous Topic: waveform checking,testing,frequency response
Next Topic: dbx 166 compressor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 00:21:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers