Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps?
Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps? [message #27453] Wed, 27 June 2007 19:41 Go to next message
Kaleidoscope is currently offline  Kaleidoscope
Esquire
If you had a choice to use an Orange or a Marshall amp (any model), which would you choose? and why?

I'm looking to get a great tube amp, and I've narrowed it down to these two.

Thanks

Re: Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps? [message #27464 is a reply to message #27453] Thu, 30 August 2007 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
I'd love to try an Orange amp beside a Marshall, too. I haven't played through an Orange, I've only played through a Marshall half stack, and that was briefly quite a few years ago. I loved it.

It seems to me that Orange is getting more popular in the last while. Do you think that's the case?

Re: Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps? [message #27495 is a reply to message #27453] Sat, 13 October 2007 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
I would recommend any marshall model. I love the sound they produce. Some models have good effects on them which can save you money by buying certain effects pedals/processors.

Willyable

Re: Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps? [message #27504 is a reply to message #27453] Thu, 25 October 2007 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
My husbanda owns a marshall half stack, very loud and sounds great. I wish I could of heard the orange amp, but I hear thats sounds good to, just didnt hear it personally or my husband.

Crystal

Re: Orange Amps? or Marshall Amps? [message #27564 is a reply to message #27453] Sun, 09 March 2008 20:16 Go to previous message
DelMike is currently offline  DelMike
Esquire
Orange. The mids really bring out a popping high tone in the guitar. It sounds very original with a light fuzz and is just a cool kinda thing.

Previous Topic: Boogie Amps
Next Topic: VOX ac30 The cloth
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 16:12:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout