Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Amp cuts in and out
Amp cuts in and out [message #27369] Thu, 21 December 2006 20:56 Go to next message
chris is currently offline  chris
Baron
Hey i was wondering what the problem can be with my amp... I have had this Marshall amp for about 3 years but only tonight has it started acting weird...When playing the sound is pefectly fine but once and awhile it will fade in and out... can anyone help?

Re: Amp cuts in and out [message #27370 is a reply to message #27369] Fri, 22 December 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Clean the tube contacts, mechanical connections and potentiometers. I would use a flux remover or tuner cleaner made specifically for electronics. Hopefully, that's all you'll need. Might check the tubes too and make sure they're all fresh.

Re: Amp cuts in and out [message #27373 is a reply to message #27369] Fri, 22 December 2006 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
IS it a tube or SS amp. I have a SS Crate that used to do that and it ended up being a connection where the foot pedal jack was.

Definitely check your tubes if it's standard Marshall stuff.

Re: Amp cuts in and out [message #27432 is a reply to message #27369] Wed, 16 May 2007 08:21 Go to previous message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Good luck with that. I used to have an intermittent problem with my Peavey head, and sometimes the problem wouldn't happen when it was in the shop, so it took a couple tries to get it fixed.

Previous Topic: 50's Marvel 25 Amp Info Needed
Next Topic: Cleaning Old Contacts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 10:17:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout