Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Impedance selector switch??????
Impedance selector switch?????? [message #27176] Thu, 12 January 2006 16:13 Go to next message
Splatter1 is currently offline  Splatter1
Esquire
Does anyone know where I can get an impedance selector switch for a 4X12 cabinet? I need to be able to switch the cab between 4 and 16 ohms. I have 4-4X12 cabs that I use for my stage setup that are all wired to 16 ohms. I have them hooked up so my amp see's a 4-ohm load. I have two more 4X12 cabs that are wired at 4-ohms that I bring in when I don't have the room for the other 4 on stage. I am running two heads with a headbone amp switcher, a Boogie mark IV and a Boogie mark III. When I am using just the two cabs, I run the top cab switched and the bottom cab straight into the mark III. The Boogies have 2-4ohm speaker outs. I would like to wire in an impedance selector on two of my main 4 cabs so I can change them to 4ohms when I don't have enough room to run them all. I have seen s cabs with a selector on them but cannot find them for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!

Re: Impedance selector switch?????? [message #27177 is a reply to message #27176] Fri, 13 January 2006 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

That`s how I`d do it - you need just the standard DPDT switch.
Four ohms connection shown.

Re: Impedance selector switch?????? [message #27178 is a reply to message #27176] Fri, 13 January 2006 09:40 Go to previous message
Splatter1 is currently offline  Splatter1
Esquire
Thanks, I didn't look at it that way.

Previous Topic: Stringed instrument characteristics
Next Topic: Amp problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 17 05:19:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio