Home » Audio » General » why doesn't my pages update?
why doesn't my pages update? [message #2707] Thu, 02 February 2006 16:27 Go to next message
singledriverwannabe is currently offline  singledriverwannabe
Esquire
Whenever I come to this forum the pages that gets diplayed are old. I can't seem to get the latest messages. I think it has to do with cookies or something but can't seem to figure out the sequence to do this. I tried getting out of Explorer then typing in Audioroundtable.com, then click on a forum but I always get the same old page again.

Anyone know the sequence to get the latest page?

Re: why doesn't my pages update? [message #2711 is a reply to message #2707] Fri, 03 February 2006 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HAve you tried hitting refresh on your explorer toolbar?
It;s the button with the two curved arrows on it.
thanks
-akhilesh

Re: why doesn't my pages update? [message #2713 is a reply to message #2711] Fri, 03 February 2006 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, the "Refresh" button is sort of like my "check for posts" button. I also use it to confirm I actually made a post instead of just doing a "Preview." I usually preview before I post, but sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I forget to actually post. So I make it a habit to hit back a couple times, get to the index page and click "Refresh" to make sure my post is there. Same kind of thing, I always click "Refresh" when I go into a forum to see if anyone else has made new posts. Otherwise, I only see what the browser has cached, which may be yesterday's news.

Re: why doesn't my pages update? [message #2714 is a reply to message #2711] Sat, 04 February 2006 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SingleDriver WannaBe is currently offline  SingleDriver WannaBe
Esquire
Yep, that's the first thing I tried and its still the same old page keeps coming up. It might be something in my settings that's not selected. The problem is to find which one is it. Very odd and a pain in the b*tt. I did update it a few times by hunting and pecking but couldn't remember what I did exactly. I'll keep trying....

Re: why doesn't my pages update? [message #2715 is a reply to message #2714] Sat, 04 February 2006 13:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That is an odd symptom indeed. Hope it's nothing serious. Maybe reinstall your web browser?

Previous Topic: Tweeking the Silver Iris
Next Topic: The end of audio reproduction as we know it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 17 05:21:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio