Home » Audio » Pro Sound » speaker cabinet troubles
speaker cabinet troubles [message #27077] Sun, 26 June 2005 08:43 Go to next message
jonathan moore is currently offline  jonathan moore
Esquire
Hey guys. Seems like you know your stuff, maybe you can help me with a wierd problem. I am trying to fix my friend's speaker cab, a 4 x 12 orange with vintage 30's. It is wired series-parallel, and the second series doesn't respond to the amp. Here's the wierd part. All of the speakers respond to the nine volt test, and all of the wires measure continuity. I am totally stumped. Oh, some extra info that might be relevant is that his Hiwatt Custom 50 (late 70's) has been blowing a lot of 1/2 amp fuses, and the occasional speaker. This is why i was checking the thing out in the first place. Thanks so much for any help you guys can offer. - Jonathan

Re: speaker cabinet troubles [message #27079 is a reply to message #27077] Sun, 26 June 2005 22:49 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Measure DC resistance of each of the speakers individually, disconnected, out of circuit. Each should measure the same. Check wiring too and make sure there are no open wires or intermittent connections.

Previous Topic: Strapping the Crown D-75A for Mono - How To
Next Topic: AVT150
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 05:13:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout