Home » Audio » General » GPAF
Re: Here's some "audiophile" Blues for ya [message #2682 is a reply to message #2679] Fri, 20 January 2006 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
John Lee Hooker 'Chill Out' with Carlos SAntana and a cast of thousands. None of whom get in the way of Hookers hypnotic delivery. Well-recorded.

Re: Here's some "audiophile" Blues for ya [message #2683 is a reply to message #2682] Fri, 20 January 2006 17:42 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I think they recorded him seperately on that one. The older blues men are so diminished now that they need to prop them up for recording dates. James Cotton and Johnny Winter are still performing; but when you go to see them they do a couple bars then stand there while someone else takes over.
I kinda like the recording's of Hooker back when, on Serves You Right To Suffer. Some of the recordings on Testament and the Chess re-issues are good. He was never a stellar guitarist but he did have that nice lope to his beat that played well with his voice.
Carlos is just not the greatest blues interpreter. He is a great guitarist but too busy for the blues.
Joining J.Lee up with white guys; then Hooker And Heat is good. And he did a live date with Bonnie Raitt I liked.

Previous Topic: unknown power and output transformers
Next Topic: A cheap DVD player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 18:15:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout