Home » Audio » General » 30's JB Lansing 212 featured...
30's JB Lansing 212 featured... [message #26744] Fri, 23 January 2009 20:38 Go to next message
GuitarTrekr is currently offline  GuitarTrekr
Esquire
Many years ago I was given one of the earliest Rickenbacker amplifiers I nicknamed the "Big Black Box" because it is very similiar to the original 1933 "Little Black Box" amp. It has one Sylvania 6L6G power tube and a Westinghouse 5V4G rectifier.

The amp features an extremely early JB Lansing 212 speaker with black crinkle paint and the attached field transformer. I date it somewhere from the mid to late 30's from the cabinet design, tube compliment and gold grill identical to this period.

These were used with the pre-war aluminum and bakelite steel guitars and their Ken Roberts model electrified Spanish guitar. Rickenbacher made various offshoot models for other companies and this may be for a local store chain like their British exports.

Anyone in the vintage audio group ever seen one of these or could shed any light on the model 212 12" speakers pre-dating the Altec company? See attached link for photos.

Thanks much, Robb

ps. I'll be sharing some Fisher 400 info later.

Re: 30's JB Lansing 212 featured... [message #26745 is a reply to message #26744] Mon, 26 January 2009 14:01 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's awesome! The black crinkle paint on the chassis and speaker basket looks great.

Previous Topic: Western Electric output transformers
Next Topic: LSAF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 18:16:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout