Home » Audio » General » My observation or hallucination :)
Re: My observation or hallucination :) [message #2664 is a reply to message #2659] Tue, 17 January 2006 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I've debated on sending it in to Terry but it weighs 68lbs and all the weight is on one side. I'm just scared to ship it. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and send it off though. I'd love to see the A-7's. I'll bet they look great. My Vals have cabinets that are awful looking after 20+ moves and being handled by people that didn't care a few times. I'm looking forward to the pictures. I read over at the Altec forum and have seen pictures of A-7's.

Re: My observation or hallucination :) [message #2665 is a reply to message #2660] Tue, 17 January 2006 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I guess I'll be content to dial in on the picture of it The Sapphire is something to look at for sure though. If it sounds as good as it looks it ought to be wonderful to listen to.

Re: Geez, I forgot [message #2666 is a reply to message #2663] Tue, 17 January 2006 07:41 Go to previous message
Grand Master
I'll relate a story behind a pair of 17's. A friend picked up the second pair for me in Seattle and hooked them up next to his AR 9's. He isn't given to hyperbole but he said "these are the first speakers I've ever hooked up alongside my 9's that didn't make me want to instantly switch back to the 9's" So I've been looking for another pair with good cabinets to give him someday

Previous Topic: Lone Star Bottlehead meeting Pictures On Line
Next Topic: RCA cleaning tip...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:19:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout