Home » Audio » General » macintosh and marantz
macintosh and marantz [message #26545] Wed, 02 August 2006 20:43 Go to next message
swordfish is currently offline  swordfish
Esquire
Hi all;first time posting on this site.Can anyone tell me if the following three components have any value/worth keeping? I "inherited" a macintosh c26 preamp,mc2105 power amp.and a marantz 2230 receiver.They all light up when plugged in ,but have not tested further.Are they worth bringing to a shop for testing? Assuming they work/are fixed how much can I ask for them?
Are they worth inserting into my system(Luxman receiver,ensemble speakers,revolver/roksan turntable,Luxman cd.)As you can see I'm not much of an audiophile,just a music lover.
Any advice / oppinion would be appreciated.

Re: macintosh and marantz [message #26546 is a reply to message #26545] Thu, 03 August 2006 09:43 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Mac gear is very good quality stuff. If you have plans on upgrading your speakers then they will work well for you. That amp uses an autoformer output device so the sound is very smooth; you have to decide if you like that but I can say it works well with horn loaded speakers. The Marantz rec. is always worth a few bucks; look on Ebay.
The Mac gear should bring a few hundred bucks at sale.

Previous Topic: Album Recommendation - Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy
Next Topic: New/Old tuner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 00:44:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout