Home » Audio » General » Yamaha M-50
Re: M-50 correction [message #26509 is a reply to message #26508] Tue, 23 May 2006 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
One channel is weak. I took it to the Mac authorized service center and they took my money and put in a couple of tubes and said it was fixed. It worked better for a week.

I want to send it to Terry DeWick in TN. but all the weight on a 275 (78lbs) is on one side so when you pick it up it falls out of your hands if you don't know about it. Which is what I figure would happen several times there and back. It needs to be refurbished so I'm working on finding someone local to do the work.

Re: M-50 correction [message #26510 is a reply to message #26504] Tue, 23 May 2006 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sweeeeet. I loved those models. Great sound. I'd probably go through it and swap all the caps, just 'cause it's been 20 years. Other than that, I think it's gotta be sweet.

Re: M-50 correction [message #26511 is a reply to message #26509] Tue, 23 May 2006 19:57 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Why not give it a shot? I didn't know much two years ago and now I can do some troubleshooting and construction. A weak channel sounds like it could be passive parts out of spec.

Previous Topic: New DIY modded FM tuner reviews on TIC
Next Topic: Excellent Debunking Website
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 10:18:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout