Home » Audio » General » Happy virus ending and a heads up for others
Happy virus ending and a heads up for others [message #2634] Fri, 13 January 2006 17:41 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Norton had ben on my computer for a couple of years but I didn't renew the subscription back in October. Figger'd I was going to upgrade anyway. Then the virus/worm hit. Adaware, Spybot, EZ Armor, VGA, none found the problem. Xoft found a worm but tried "extortion".

So I went back to the Norton site and downloaded a 15 day trial. It updated itself, scanned and effortlessly removed the problem. And didn't try to extort any money.

Most of us, including me, love to hate the establishment: Microsoft, the State Dep't, Gallo:), but sometimes market dominance occurs for very good reasons.
I'm a Norton customer again.

Re: Happy virus ending and a heads up for others [message #2635 is a reply to message #2634] Fri, 13 January 2006 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Before you buy it do check some reviews. I have it running several machines and it's a system hog. If you're not doing intensive stuff it's no big deal. CCAPP runs in the background along with other system resource stealers. I'm probably going to change when my sub runs out.

Re: Happy virus ending and a heads up for others [message #2636 is a reply to message #2634] Sat, 14 January 2006 10:51 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Super deal! Glad to hear you didn't have to re-install the OS.

Previous Topic: Great Plains Audiofest 2006
Next Topic: Lone Star Bottlehead meeting Pictures On Line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 13:20:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout