Home » Audio » General » RCA model 7060
RCA model 7060 [message #26217] Fri, 03 December 2004 08:52 Go to next message
hitsware is currently offline  hitsware
Baron
My buddy has a (circa 1948) RCA model 7060. It is a mono console with AM/FM tuner and turntable. The cabinet is in fair shape and the amp and AM section works but the tuning doesn't (string slipping?).
The turntable turns but grinds and is lacking a stylus (maybe the whole cartridge). Anyways does something like this have any $ value ?
.........mike

Re: RCA model 7060 [message #26218 is a reply to message #26217] Fri, 03 December 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Mike,

It's hard to say. I've run into a lot of those over the years and for some reason, they just don't seem to attract people the way table radios do. Maybe they're just too intrusive. Table radios are nostalgic without being so obvious. But I don't know if that's the reason, I just know that people don't seem to be as interested in antique console stereos.

On the other hand, if the cabinet is very nice, I think it would be cool if it contained a truly Hi-Fi tube system. You might check it out. I'm not expecting much from the turntable, but the amp might be good. And you're right about the tuner - It may be just that the cord isn't run properly.

If you do some work on this old unit, please let us know how it turns out. I'd love to see pictures too, so post them if you can.

Wayne

Re: RCA model 7060 [message #26219 is a reply to message #26218] Fri, 03 December 2004 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitsware is currently offline  hitsware
Baron
>Maybe they're just too intrusive.

Yea......That's why I didn't take it. I think he has dreams of it being worth alot. If it was stereo I might have gutted it, but actually I'm not a tube guy. I do wonder about the driver. I'm wondering if it might be one of those RCA units with the bumps on the cone? Thank You for the reply...................mike

Re: RCA model 7060 [message #26222 is a reply to message #26219] Sat, 04 December 2004 13:59 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
It sure wouldn't hurt to look at the driver and see. I imagine you'll probably find a rather large cone with very stiff suspension and small voice coil, like maybe 3/4". It may or may not have a paper cone tweeter with a single capacitor for a crossover. That's what I would expect to find, but it might be worth looking to see.

Previous Topic: Happy thanks giving and wanted to share a revelatory moment
Next Topic: Thank You!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 04:35:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout