Home » Audio » General » Anyone have experience wth the Yamaha ca-1010
Re: Archie difital files on a hard drive [message #26182 is a reply to message #26181] Fri, 03 September 2004 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI John,
Not at all. I think mods do sound good. I am not sure about coupling caps, but hey, it can;t hurt i guess.
The kit amp i am talking about is the k503 from s5electronics & from antique electronic supply. The htread at:
http://www.audioroundtable.com/Tubes/messages/51.html
has more info on it.
My home brewed speakers:
http://www.audioroundtable.com/SingleDriverSpeakers/messages/520.html
has more info on them.
I DO have a tweeter on them. Without it, in fact, they don;t sound very good at all to me. The step filter I have on (contouring, BSC whatever we want to call it is fine with me) is really subtle, and only makes a small difference. It actually controls the peaky midrange as much as it adds an illusion of bass.

I agree, I am not selling my tube amps anytime soon! My spekaers all sound good with a tube amp. The reason I biught the yamaha (not yet arrived by the way but should be in the next couple of weeks) was to test a solid state amp and see if there was a difference.
I'll post any differences I hear on here. It will be interesting to see how speakers voiced for SETs sound with top of the line SS from 25 years ago!
:-) I am rambling too...but hey...in this hobby, wo else will understand our rambles but a fellow hobbyist?
-akhilesh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message