Home » Audio » General » MAC CHOKE AND
MAC CHOKE AND [message #26138] Mon, 12 July 2004 11:25 Go to next message
Rich is currently offline  Rich
Esquire
i WAN,T YO THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING WITH THE CHOKE,i HAVE A 5 HENERY ON ORDER AND WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS.BTW I BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER WITH A CD BURNER AND BOUGHT THE ms PLUS DIGITAL MEDIA PROGRAM TO CONVERT MY ANALOG TO DIGITAL TO MAKE CD,S OF RECORDS,IT WORKS GREAT.THEN GOT A RAIDO AND PLAYER FOR MY SPORTS CAR.THE SHIFTER WAS IN THE WAY TO INCERT AND REMOVE THE CD,S SO I MOUNTED THE RAIDO IN A ENCLOSUR TO GO BEHINDE THE SEATS AND MAKES IT PORTABLE.ONE PROBLEM,NO MEMORY SO I ADDED A 12VDC (8 AA )BATT WITH A DIOD AT 8 AA + AND FROM CAR POWER + TO MEM + AFTER THE ONE FOR 8 AA.iT NOW WORKS FINE AND CAN MOVE FROM CAR TO CAR ,PLAY IT IN THE HOUSE WITH A CONVERTER AND MOVE THE HOLE THING TO THE TRUNK FOR SAFTY.it,s nice to play tunes from your collection in your car. Rich

Re: MAC CHOKE AND [message #26139 is a reply to message #26138] Tue, 13 July 2004 17:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm really glad it worked out, Rick. Please refresh my memory - Wasn't this coil for a McIntosh amp or something?

Glad you are able to archive your records - That will help them last longer. You can listen on CD most times and play the record album every now and then. I always used to do this on tape, now a guy can do it on CD so that's cool.

Great idea on the battery for your car stereo. That way it keeps its settings even after it is removed. The diode and battery was a really good idea.

Previous Topic: new amplifier methodology pdf(found it)
Next Topic: Who are these people?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 21:33:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout