Home » Audio » General » Good night out, wierd speaker brand!
Good night out, wierd speaker brand! [message #254] Sat, 28 February 2004 10:25 Go to next message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

^^^^ so theres my mate infront of a stack^^^ ,4 high of these speakers ive never heard of "dynacord" !

We were listening to some drum n bass

now, the BASS part,that isnt a misnomer i tell you!

from the entrance of the place, about 45m from the stage, the levels were about what i get with my jbl!!! ,, we went in, humidity rose, temperatures soared,standing room only, redbull+vodka for me.. 6$ for seemingly redbull + tiny amount of vodka :P

already had 5 at home :-P

and stood infront of these speakers while dancing like a monkey!

the best part was-

also-

the soundguy had eqd up the bass, the lows, when a techno-vocalish band came on, the guy struck some continous organ notes,my entire body SHOOK! seriously, these things were reaching ~40-45hz without much distortion! i had alot of airmovement from them ,was great! and the highs didnt even hurt my head!

We went downstairs about 4am and the CELESTION speakers hurt my eardrums in a matter of minutes, they were selling earplugs for 1$ out the front! the drums snare constantly attacked my ears :(

Good night out,glad i could have the night off work!

now only if they had a stack of 4labhorns...:) people wouldnt be able to stand infront of THEM *muahahahahah*

and.... [message #255 is a reply to message #254] Sat, 28 February 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
and stood infront of these speakers while dancing like a monkey!

the best part was-

also-..............

the best part was- most of us looked like monkeys dancing anyway ;-) somehow that txt didnt appear :p.

+ the place was so dark if u dance like a monkey it doesnt matter ! hahaah

no lasers or strobelights were present though :(

You just answered my question... [message #258 is a reply to message #255] Sat, 28 February 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Being an old fart, I've never understood why they have to be SO DAMN LOUD? WHAT? WHY ARE THEy SO DAMN LOUD? WHAT?

I guess if you have enough Red bull and vodka (or Budweiser and vodka, or Wild Turkey and Budweiser) in you, there's no such thing as too loud.

Re: You just answered my question... [message #259 is a reply to message #258] Sat, 28 February 2004 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
i bet they had 40hz on the EQ at +13db :P
you could talk all u wanted with people close to you-very good.

At another place lastweek it was SO LOUD full spectrum,that communication was impossible-very stupid!

Re: You just answered my question... [message #260 is a reply to message #258] Sun, 29 February 2004 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ever listened to the average conversation in your local pub? Thats why they are so loud.

Noise in the pub... [message #263 is a reply to message #260] Mon, 01 March 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I guess we have different experiences. I've been in places where SPLs are just insane, enough to mask a jet engine winding up, never mind a 100 drunks.

Re: Noise in the pub... [message #265 is a reply to message #263] Mon, 01 March 2004 12:45 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You are correct but actually I meant the speakers are so loud so as to drown out the inane drunken drivel that passes for conversation in the pubs I hang out in!

Previous Topic: Monthly Announcement seeking Wisconsin speakerbuilders
Next Topic: Cosmic irony...........................
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:29:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio