Home » Audio » General » recording and headphones
recording and headphones [message #24906] Sun, 29 April 2007 16:19 Go to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I wanted to know if the popping my my headphones will affect my recording. Will the popping sound come up in my mix or is it just my headphones it's self.

Re: recording and headphones [message #24907 is a reply to message #24906] Tue, 01 May 2007 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Depends on what caused the problem. If it's at the source, (or ahead of the recorder anywhere in the line) then it will be in the recording. If it's in the outputs (or anywhere in the line after the recorder) then it won't be in the recording.

Re: recording and headphones [message #24909 is a reply to message #24907] Thu, 03 May 2007 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
This reminds me of an intermittent connection I used to have in my headphones caused by stepping on the cord while wearing them, I think.

As Wayne pointed out, in my case the problem wasn't in the recording, but it was obvious what the problem was because it depended on the position of the cord.

Re: recording and headphones [message #24916 is a reply to message #24909] Wed, 16 May 2007 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
So is it possible to replace the cord on the headphones or would you have to get a whole new set?

Re: recording and headphones [message #24919 is a reply to message #24916] Thu, 17 May 2007 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
If the problem's in the cord, you could replace it without getting new headphones.

Just make sure you make the same connections, with a stereo cable, obviously.

Re: recording and headphones [message #24945 is a reply to message #24907] Wed, 12 September 2007 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
I had that same problem once upon a time and realized that it was coming from cord which I mean I never heard it in my recording so with that said. If it is the cord then you won't hear it. Which I'm glad that it wasn't anything else because I didn't have to rush out and buy another set of headphones right away.

Re: recording and headphones [message #24962 is a reply to message #24919] Thu, 18 October 2007 18:29 Go to previous message
willyable is currently offline  willyable
Viscount
But the cord of headphones are interconnected to the headphones though. So you wouldn't be able to replace the cord.

Previous Topic: noise reduction
Next Topic: how to eliminate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 11:28:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout