Home » Audio » Speaker » ELECTROSTATIC RESEARCH SPEAKERS
ELECTROSTATIC RESEARCH SPEAKERS [message #24747] Wed, 26 April 2006 17:54 Go to next message
KARL VEE is currently offline  KARL VEE
Esquire
Hope someone can shed a little light on a pair of old speakers I just purchased. I haven't picked them up yet so my info is limited. The speakers were made by Electrostatic Research probably in the 70's. The base driver sits facing down into a cube so the the entire driver is outside of the cube. Sitting on top of the magnet is a pancake shaped container with several electrostatic tweeters around the perimeter. There is a midrange driver pointed upward in the center of the pancake. My question is: although there is a place to attach a power cord I don't know if these are to be powered directly from an AC outlet or if I need some sort of power supply. Has anyone heard these speakers, what can I expect after installing the required new surrounds on the woofers. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks Karl

Re: ELECTROSTATIC RESEARCH SPEAKERS [message #24765 is a reply to message #24747] Fri, 27 October 2006 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tomt is currently offline  tomt
Baron
could you post some photos of these?

thanks

Re: ELECTROSTATIC RESEARCH SPEAKERS [message #24766 is a reply to message #24765] Fri, 27 October 2006 19:39 Go to previous message
KARL VEE is currently offline  KARL VEE
Esquire
Un fortunately I have no photos. If you need a better description let me know and thanks

Previous Topic: The lazy Henry Kloss Array : )
Next Topic: Do Magnepan act as Line array?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 07:18:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio