Home » Audio » Speaker » High Voltage Supply Filtering
Reduction of load resistor value on Acoustat supply [message #24694 is a reply to message #24682] Mon, 30 May 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
moray james is currently offline  moray james
Baron
Well I made it back to my buddies Acoustat 0ne plus 0nes. I wanted to undo the Izzy Wizzy cap mod in order to compare it to the effect of a lower value load resistor. For the present my buddie is so happy with the Izzy Wizzy cap mod he would not let me remove it. So I paralleled a second 500 M ohm resistor to the factory 500 ohm load resistor to chop the resistance value in half to 250 M ohms. The result was much the same again as found with the Izzy Wizzy mod. This was a nice improvement in detail resolution and overall control. I think that I_Forgot was right about this from the start. I also think that 10 M ohms is all that is needed for saftey sake as well as to keep the panel operating in constant charge mode. While a lower value load resistor might just result in some small loss in overall output as a result of leaky dielectric in older Acoustat panels I do not think anyone hearing the improvements would not care to trade a little level for the benefits this simple mod will yield. Thanks to I_Forgot for his insite and willingness to share. Best regards Moray James.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is anyone out there??????? Seems cold and quit!!
Next Topic: Licron??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 03:36:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout