Home » Audio » Speaker » SI Sound Pads
SI Sound Pads [message #24642] Sun, 26 December 2004 11:02 Go to next message
SpeakY10k is currently offline  SpeakY10k
Esquire
I just got some of the SI Sound Pads for the holidays, and I was wondering, since in the summer there had been some minor discussion of these in these forums, I thought I'd see what set-up suggestions you all have. Thanks!

Re: SI Sound Pads [message #24644 is a reply to message #24642] Mon, 27 December 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Do you mean these? Here is a thread about them that has a few ideas and info.

Sonic Impact Sound Pads

Re: SI Sound Pads [message #24645 is a reply to message #24644] Mon, 27 December 2004 16:16 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I saw this thread a while back, but never got around to responding.

One idea I had was to mount them on shrink film. The speaker's panel could be made out of a 1x2 frame, simialr to a knitting frame, with the film mounted in the frame sandwich. The film could then be shrunk with a hot air dryer or larger air heater, for more uniform shrinkage.

I've worked with this type of film in the past when I was in the packaging industry, and there are all kids of chemistries used. Also, you can get uni- or biaxially shrink characteristics. The film comes in rolls of 36" wide and miles long. You might do a google search to see if a film supplier can give you free samples. Look for films such as PVC, PVDC, PET, OPS or PE. A quick test might be to pick up a window winterizing kit from a local home store. This is PE (polyethylene) and has marginal dimensional shrink, but as long as you can get it tight it would be a fun experiment. Other films have up to 80% shrink.....Colin

Previous Topic: Improve Bass
Next Topic: FE166ES-R Get your pre-order in..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 18:02:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio