Home » Audio » General » Napster, Kazaa and Copyrights
Re: esattamente [message #244 is a reply to message #242] Wed, 25 February 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Quite possible, I only offer opinion and am certainly not legally qualified to quote laws.

Re: esattamente [message #245 is a reply to message #244] Wed, 25 February 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yep, yep. Me too.

Re: Revenue lost to a generation they are losing [message #246 is a reply to message #241] Wed, 25 February 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey, Isn't kazaa like the whore house of viri?

Re: Revenue lost to a generation they are losing [message #247 is a reply to message #246] Wed, 25 February 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'll bet you're right.

Re: Interesting issue [message #249 is a reply to message #238] Thu, 26 February 2004 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Patent rights for music? Stifle creativity to protect the interests of the most powerful few at the expense of everyone else. There has been music since the dawn of time and copyright laws for 100 years. No copyRIGHTS and gauranty still plenty of music and if they don't play they don't get paid. Bring back minstrel shows. American Idol, 40,000 people willing to sing for nothing just to be heard and they think there won't be any recorded music without massive royalties? If the suits died tommorrow there would be more and better music around by saturday. Lemme know when lawyers start singing.

Well............ [message #250 is a reply to message #233] Fri, 27 February 2004 08:10 Go to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What about listening to the radio? I can buy a casette tape and record any music I want off the radio and it's free. If I wanted I could then burn it to a CD using my computer and start selling illegal copies of it and make cash. Why is this different?

Kazaa did actually run into a lot of trouble at one stage too, it was on the news here but I forgot how it turned out. Nothing seems to have happened to restrict what they do though.

Previous Topic: 40hz horn ,new pic+jbl
Next Topic: Genetics & Copyrights - Off Topic?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 07:19:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio