Home » Audio » Speaker » Salvaging my misguided array Help Fred
Salvaging my misguided array Help Fred [message #24498] Mon, 08 September 2008 13:04 Go to previous message
Marc G is currently offline  Marc G
Chancellor
I thought I had chosen compatible drivers but my buyout Foster meets Dayton neo dome array circles the drain. I chose the Foster woofers over the extended range drivers as the midrange looked a lot smoother. It all started out as a Tallerey, I then saw some pretty Dayton neo domes and went for it - a full 32 per side - without considering the challenges of the ragged response of these drivers near their frequency limits. In my desperation the cabinet grew wings, then a back. Even with an active crossover and tri-amping the combination doesn't work well. I'm considering putting a single Vifa DX25 and make a Foster powered quasi-ART array. I will save my Dayton tweeter line for another day. If that doesn't work well enough I could always build a full on ART Array but I wanted to salvage the behemoth I have already built.

My question is (Fred can chime in here), will the DX25 work well enough to try it with my 12 sealed Foster 5 1/4" Woofers.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mid to Woofer crossover frequency selection
Next Topic: JBL K2 and Everest speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 15:06:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects