Home » Audio » Speaker » DCX crossover installed
Re: Bad Recordings? [message #23865 is a reply to message #23863] Wed, 11 July 2007 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jphaggar is currently offline  jphaggar
Baron
Tom, I didn't say the speakers where sounding bad all the way , when it comes to criticise at this level of performance you become a little bit maniac with small defficiencies , the effect I get when listening to a non vocal jazz performance is very good with a little overall dryness and thiness on some instruments , but with the vocals it gets pretty much obvious that there are some beaming in certain intonations at some frequencies , when the project cost you almost 4k and a lot of hours of building and installing , specially when you get a design by a reputed and capable speaker designer you expect to get close to perfection when it is claimed that you could compare your babies to more than 15k commercial speakers , and i've listened to much less expensive speakers with no deficiencies of the sort , plus that after a 30 min listening session you get listening fatigue wich I dont get with a commercial pair I own (with of course less performance in other aspects like power handling and distortion ) . I'm still in search of solutions !
Maybe adding some mass to the speaker cones like a coat of some material ? if someone has experienced such a thing I would be happy to hear about it .
Thanks
JP

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL 2225H reconed as a 2235H?
Next Topic: JBL G-730 Diaphragm quest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 14:24:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout