Home » Audio » Speaker » DCX crossover installed
Re: DCX crossover installed [message #23836 is a reply to message #23834] Wed, 27 June 2007 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jphaggar is currently offline  jphaggar
Baron
To tell you the truth, I did not put enought time to it I need a few more days when I'' be back from vacation.
My first trials tell me that the original sound caracter of the speakers cannot be dramatically improved , it all depends on the drivers chosen . There is a part of the midrange specially with human voices that needs correction , I may be needing a Equalizer like the behringer DEQ 2496 , but I give myself some more days of trial first . But the real question is : Is it worth building arrays considering all the complexity of the project ? can't we obtain much more refined speakers using much better components using a 3 way config and a much easier to deal with project . Not to mention the weight a difficulty it implicate each time you want to move them or whatever ? Then if you want to sell them !!!!! your scope of clients is so much reduced !!
I am not saying I did not have fun building this project this was a relatively easy task because I am a furniture manufacturer , but I just imagine how difficult it is for an amateur to do it on his own !!
Now that I am in it I am decided to try everything possible to make this project a success ( hopefully).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL 2225H reconed as a 2235H?
Next Topic: JBL G-730 Diaphragm quest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 07:22:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout