Home » Audio » General » wrongsideofthetracks
wrongsideofthetracks [message #2372] Thu, 03 November 2005 14:09 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This was started on the High Efficiency forum section here and I am moving it to be more politically correct.

We are planning a small audio fest with local Ohio boys at a location to be determined when we figure out who has enough space to set up a system or two, and whose SAF factor will allow it!

I am planning to bring a JBL Cabaret speaker system that will be fitted with the following drivers and crossovers:

JBL E-140 15" driver will be replaced with JBL 2226J 16 ohm 15"

JBL 2426 compression driver on JBL 2370A horn

Original crossover was designed for commercial duty and has no home-audio qualities. I will use Wayne's (Pi) crossover for this system.

The JBL Cabaret cabinet is roughly 4 cubic ft and tuned for approx 40hz. Since the 2226 is a versatile driver it is almost a perfect drop-in for this cabinet.

More will be posted as time allows. I expect to have some time to work on this more this weekend. I have all the parts, just need actual working time to get it all together.

This idea originally came together when I contacted Steve Brown who is putting a system together and needed ideas. So Tim, Colin, Steve and myself(and maybe a few others if we have the room) will be able to collaberate and discuss the merits of this project which is a real close clone of the 4 Pi pro from Wayne's Pi speaker forum and a favorite of mine as you have a lot of versatility with the JBL 2226 driver.

Colin, I think the 18th, 19th of November would work well for me. Unfortunately I work Sunday through Thursday and that limits my participation. If everyone else likes Sunday, then don't let me hold you guys up, I can still make the speaker system available.

That's about it for now, more to follow!

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message