Home » Audio » Speaker » ART Array construction continues.... and a question
ART Array construction continues.... and a question [message #23712] Fri, 04 May 2007 21:27 Go to previous message
Rich_M9999 is currently offline  Rich_M9999
Chancellor
After a bit of a lag in available time to work on the ART Arrays, I was able to get a few minutes this evening to test fit the drivers and mount the baffles. Per Fred's instructions, they are drying overnight. More will be done tomorrow and Sunday afternoon. I hope to get braces in, wiring in, damping material in, and enclosure sealed this weekend. We'll see if that can be done. BTW, pics will be going up on my website this evening or tomorrow (server down at the moment).

Question: I rounded the baffles with a 1/2 roundover bit. I read somewhere where this step is almost always a necessity.I'm not sure if Fred's instructions mentioned this step, but I went ahead and did it anyway. My question is this, will this affect the performance of the design? It is my understanding that a rounded baffle edge helps the sonic waves to wrap around the enclosure in a more uniform pattern. Maybe someone with much more knowledge than myself would have some advice here?

As always, thanks in advance for your help!!!
Sincerely,
Rich

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anybody want to build a DIY IDS-25 clone (somewhat cheaply)?
Next Topic: ART arrays near Nebraska or Iowa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 08:22:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout