Home » Audio » Speaker » ART Arrays for HT?
ART Arrays for HT? [message #23597] Sun, 01 April 2007 14:31 Go to next message
Rich_M9999 is currently offline  Rich_M9999
Chancellor
Hello,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading the posts for some time. I have what may or may not be a silly question.

I have seen where the ART arrays are tube amp friendly, but I would be driving them with a Yamaha AV 5.1 receiver that is rated 6 ohm stable. Is it possible to use these beautiful speakers for this application? My room is 14' ft wide and 40' ft long (due to an open plan through small DR and into kitchen). my listening position is approximately 18' from TV that is mounted over fireplace. I have cathedral ceiling that is 8.5' on sidewall up to 10.5' at the other side of the room. (so, it is rather large).I use this system for about 60/40 TV over music. I think these arrays would fill the listening room quite nicely, provided I can drive them with this amp. Any advice or help here is deeply appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich

Re: ART Arrays for HT? [message #23598 is a reply to message #23597] Sun, 01 April 2007 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The 16 ohm impedance makes them easy for tube amps to drive, but it doesn't negate the use of solid state amps and receivers. Most of the time I use a pair of Monarchy class A solid state amps with mine, and they sound very nice. I've also driven them with an $80 Sherwood stereo receiver I bought at Circuit City last year. Inexpensive receivers like this would be stressed into shutdown driving a four ohm speaker but they are very happy with a 16 ohm load, and a 94dB sensitivity line array can be driven to loud levels with just a few watts. They should be a good match for a solid state HT receiver in a relatively large room.

Re: ART Arrays for HT? [message #23599 is a reply to message #23598] Sun, 01 April 2007 21:48 Go to previous message
Rich_M9999 is currently offline  Rich_M9999
Chancellor
Thanks so much for the information. I have a 1 week vacation coming up in about 10 days. This looks like a project that will happily consume that time. I'll keep you posted, and probably have some questions.
Sincerely,
Rich

Previous Topic: High frequency dispersion and driver size
Next Topic: Enclosure construction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 04:45:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers