Home » Audio » Speaker » Anybody want to build a DIY IDS-25 clone (somewhat cheaply)?
Re: Anybody want to build a DIY IDS-25 clone (somewhat cheaply)? [message #23553 is a reply to message #23540] Wed, 14 March 2007 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Aaron,

Knowing that you may want better highs eventually, you might consider building it with a 35 inch slot for 30 Dayton Neo 20FA's per side. You can get them for about $3.50 each if you order 60 of them at once. You have to ask though. Then when you want to add crossovers and better highs, you're almost ready to go.

When i bought my Sammi's(3.5 inchers) two years ago, i bought just one, and compared it to my then current system. That consisted of a 1.25 inch audax soft dome tweeter, a Vifa BC-14SG49, and a Goldsound(not goldwood) 12 inch 15 mm x-max woofer. I took the woofer out of the circuit, and put the Sammi in a PVC tube . Without the woofer, the sammi was clearly more detailed than the vifa/audax combination on acoutic guitar. Of course when the volume needed to be turned up it lost, or the music got more complex. And when I connected the woofer and played it, anything with bass below 80hz made the Sammi lose. But i suspect that with 34 of them the story would have been different.

Marlboro

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Back from Dallas and depressed ...
Next Topic: ART Array construction continues.... and a question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 05:27:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout